Saturday, February 23, 2013

Surprise Visit from my Dad

After getting about 1 hour of sleep Mark and I got up and flew back from NC. We got home around 11am and caught up on some sleep so we could dominate the busy work week ahead of us. It was great to have a day to recover.

Monday night 11/26/12 at around 8pm our doorbell rings....IT'S MY DAD! We had no idea he was coming to visit. He drove all the way down from MT on terrible wintery roads and surprised us! It was nice to have him for a visit. My dad and I went on a tour of the Mayo Clinic, took rides in the country, went out to eat, went to a FABULOUS community Christmas program organized by our church, ate dinner and just chatted. We went to Paul and Janice's for dinner one night and Paul showed him a slide show. My dad brought a dog with him for the long drive and so a couple nights I took him on a run and a few times we took the pup out in the country and let him run on the roads! My dad also hauled back the car I had been borrowing from him (we got a new one a while ago and didn't need it any more)



My dad's rig hauling the Bravada back to Montana



Dad playing fetch with Tuck or at least he threw it once for him

Surprised both of our tongues weren't hanging out, it was early in the AM and cold :)
While my dad was here, we put up our 1st Christmas tree. We invited Paul over to help us too. Janice was out of town and didn't make it.

The "help" was really encouraging :)

Mark took it upon himself to take pictures, so I basically put up the tree while the men chatted

The finished project




No comments:

Post a Comment