Wednesday, September 26, 2012

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY!

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY to my sweet hubby!

Last year for Mark's 29th birthday I flew in from CO to see him. It was so nice to be a) in the same town, and b) in the same house! I love being married. It's so nice to not have to say goodbye at the end of our days!

Mark's birthday this year was on a Saturday (Labor Day weekend no less) so he kicked his day off with 7am basketball (if you ask me 7am anything is a struggle but he loves it....so it was good that it was on his birthday this year).

When he came home from basketball this is what he saw.....

When Mark got done with Basketball this sign was on the door to direct him downstairs

This is what was waiting for him, I was behind the couch....camera in tow

I popped up from behind the couch the bag (and other goodies) was sitting on and took this AWESOME shot

My homemade card was super tender...I think (you'll have to ask Mark)

Mark with all his swag (Kelty Day Pack, carabiner's, rope, and a mini football)
I think he likes it
Both of us with his goods (luckily he shares nicely so I get to use/take advantage of his birthday gift whenever I need/want)

With a Cheesecake to celebrate

After we he got his birthday presents we cleaned up, and packed for a fun 2 day weekend of camping. It's nice that his birthday landed on the Saturday right before Labor Day. We didn't make it out of town too far before Mark wanted Old Country Buffet breakfast.

How does a 30 year old pass up OCB on his birthday? He DOESN"T!!!!


That was our first stop and then it was off to Rushford, MN. 

Right when we got to Rushford we set up camp...it was a little windy and frustrating trying to put up tents in  the HEAT and WIND...but we pushed through and got it all set up. After we did that and rested a bit we biked about 2 miles into Rushford and ate some yummy pizza and appetizers on the patio of this fun Creamery.

The Creamery we ate at....Neither of us even got ice cream (can you do that at a creamery?)
After the dinner, we went and got a few groceries at the local grocery store and started biking back to camp!

Sitting by the Campfire...note the birthday signs and balloons...I thought I was super clever

Tucked in for the night.....

.......complete with TV FOR THE BIRTHDAY BOY

......and a ceiling fan for both the birthday boy AND his wife

Mark made sure to bring headphones so we wouldn't disturb the neighbors with our all night TV marathons (well his...I can't stay awake watching TV)



This was our tent set up! You can see it a little better in the daylight the next day 9/2/2012

Tent complete with Birthday Banner

As you can see from our surroundings we had no shade so we had to stop on our way out of town and get this shade protector....it ended up saving our lives! This picture was taken 9/2/12
 After some breakfast Mark and I went on a 26ish mile bike ride from Rushford, MN to Lanesboro, MN. There are AWESOME paved trails right along the Root River which we dipped in when we got too hot! It was so REFRESHING!
Us on en route to Lansboro. This is my new bike that I got just a few days before our trip! I LOVE IT! We got it at Honest Paul's Bike Shop in Rochester...same place Mark got his a few months ago.

We made it to Lanesboro and had to have some lunch....can you believe the one place we picked to eat didn't have free refills for 2 parched bikers! We now ask about soda refill "situations" when we are biking so far!

We drove home on Monday, I caught up on sleep and Mark caught up on....well whatever he did while I napped.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK THOMAS DAY!


1 comment:

  1. HBD BIL...probably stumped you there, right?!? Looks like a ton of fun...my kind of camping...packin up the TV??? Y'all are so cute!

    ReplyDelete